czwartek, 19 czerwca 2008

First step - analysis of macroeconomics

So here I am with my 100.000 EUR to start trading. Now this money is on bank account and is waiting for me to start trading.

In order not to go straight into red (loosing) I need to better understand current macroeconomic climat. In order to do that I bought the Financial Times (I think it is much better then WSJ) and I will be buying it everyday to get insight into economics.

Today's headline is "King and Darling issue bleak forecast". It seems that inflation is a major concern right now. It seems that guys want to react to the rising price pressure and want to kill rising inflation expectations. Ok - That would be good for long term for the economy to have stable inflation, but in the short term this means:
  1. Negative pressure on the equity markets - at this stage noone should expect any happy rally in the equity markets. It seems all we can hope for is to avoid major fall in the prices of equities.
  2. Positive pressure on GBP exchange rate. The depreciation of GBP (against EUR for example) should at least slow down in the near feature.
  3. Higher pressure on MBS market. Ok. Maybe the mortgage market already showed all it's dark sides any nothing more will be exposed.
  4. General slowdown in Economics => bad for retailers.
  5. Some additional pressure on investment banks.

As you see at this stage it is hard to put any trades. We need some more details.

And here come first. On the first side of Financial Times we have: "MStanley in rogue trade probe" - it seems that this particular investment bank has real internal problems. (I applied there for an internship, but they didn't want me - another argument). So that would be my first trade!

I am selling short MStanley! I start with small amount of 20000 USD - I have to think it over again tommorow. But I think that would be a good trade.

Brak komentarzy: